I have just come back from a visit from my dentist. I have got to say; my teeth look and feel amazing.
You know, I also look after my teeth all by myself. I brush them daily; I floss; I do not have a diet rich in sugary foods; and I definitely do not use my teeth as a bottle opener. I have been educated since a little tacker that this is great for my oral hygiene.
So why do I then go to my dentist?
They can do so much more for my teeth and oral health than I can. I also would like to keep my own teeth in as good condition as I can for as long as I can, plus I would like to be able to avoid costly oral procedures later in life.
Prevention and maintenance all in one!
So, this brings me to a question people often ask. I exercise, I have a good diet, I do Pilates; I do yoga…why do I need to see a Chiropractor?
Much like just brushing my teeth, what is it that a Chiropractor can do that all of these things can not?
The answer to this question lies within the Chiropractic premise.
- Your nervous system (brain, spinal cord and nerves) controls and coordinates everything in your body and mind.
- When your nerve energy flows abundantly throughout your body, without obstruction or interference, your body and mind are 100% self-communicating, self-healing, self- regulating and robust.
- When subluxations (nerve interference or damage) impede nerve flow, you are no longer functioning at 100% and your health and vitality are compromised. This is similar to talking to someone on your mobile phone and the line ‘dropping out’. There is still a connection, yet the full message does not get through.
- Subluxations are caused by our inability to handle life’s three major stressors; physical stress (e.g. poor posture, the birth process, being involved in motor vehicle accidents); mental-emotional (e.g. work deadlines, job security, exams, personal conflicts); and chemical stress (e.g. processed food; alcohol; medication; drugs)
- Left uncorrected, subluxations have devastating effects upon human health and well-being, leading to breakdown, malfunction and dis-ease.
- Our goal as Chiropractors is to (a) locate subluxations, (b) correct them and (c) show you ways to stop replicating them and their causes. Allowing you to heal yourself on every level and lead a more vitalistic life.
- Much like Dentists are specialists with my teeth, only Chiropractors are educated and trained to determine if you have subluxations.
GET CHECKED BY A CHIROPRACTOR AND LIVE A HEALTHIER, MORE ENERGETIC, VITALISTIC LIFE?