1. Your Initial Visit.
On your initial visit (or consultation) with the Chiropractors at Family Chiropractic Chatswood, our main focus is you. We will be asking you a number of questions and run through an examination to find out what is causing your symptoms so as we can make sure that you are in the right place to get the best form of care available to you.
Our examination is thorough. You will be asked to move around. From lying down, to sitting and to standing. You will also be moving your neck, your back, your arms and your legs so freedom and comfort of movement in the clothing that you wear will definitely help.
My tips on what to wear to make the first visit easy and comfortable for you:
- Comfortable, non-restrictive garments such as athletic wear.
- Shorts, t-shirts, chinos, pants that allow you to move freely.
- Garments such as jeans are fine to wear, however can be restrictive when performing certain movements.
- Work attire might get creased. Some clients choose to bring a spare change of clothes with them to change into. Otherwise, we have freshly laundered linen examination gowns that you are able to change into.
- A dress or a skirt can be worn, however due to the movements performed in the examination you might feel a bit exposed rather than comfortable in this attire. The practitioners and staff are trained and experienced to ensure that you remain as comfortable and at ease as possible.
2. Regular Office Visits
During regular office visits, we want you to remain as comfortable as possible. Comfortable clothes, much like in the initial visit help, but are not required.
We ask that you do wear shoes into the practice and to get adjusted. Due to the nature and assessment protocols of Activator Methods Chiropractic Technique, it is much easier for the Chiropractor to begin their analysis with your shoes on. This helps with accuracy of your assessment leading to better care outcomes for you.